Tuesday, March 13, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Maria Spotlights Sentiment Stamps


Hi STAMPlorations peeps! If you've been to the STAMPlorations store lately you may have noticed all the wonderful sentiment stamps Shery has to offer. I'm specifically thinking about the Say it Big series, but there are also all those categories of Typografia stamps with their wonderful sayings... So many options, so little time!

For this Spotlight post, instead of doing a technique tutorial, I'm going to share three design ideas for showcasing this type of sentiment stamp. I've used three of the Say it Big series which specifically talk about keeping things simple. So that's what I decided to do!

OPTION 1
I'm going to call this the easiest design. Ready? Pull out a PP pack, choose two papers (one solid, one larger print), heat emboss the sentiment in white and voila! You can tear the edges like I did. Or use a die to cut a shape. Or even heat emboss it onto vellum to let more of the lovely PP show through. I added three heart sequins along the bottom just for fun.


OPTION 2
This next option requires a bit more stamping, but gives a pretty framed effect to the sentiment. I masked off the outer edges of my cardbase with painter's tape and then stamped with colors from the same color family. You could change up this design by stamping the sentiment and images in the same color. Or by heat embossing the frame images. Or the sentiment!


OPTION 3
Which brings us to option 3, where I heat embossed the sentiment too (stamped it black and then used clear powder), but this time onto a panel that had received a little more lovin'. I tore a portion of a coloring book page, sloppy watercolored it and then painted some watered down white acrylic paint over it when dry. I stitched it onto the cardbase, which I had also lightly watercolored around the edges to "match" the edges of my watercolored coloring book page.


I should mention I used square cards for all these designs. Thanks for stopping by today. I would love to see your ideas for spotlighting large sentiment stamps! Should you try out any of the techniques, like spotlighting sentiment stamps, from our Spotlight posts hook up your project at our Spotlight Project Showcase And at the moment all non-retiring products are 10% off in the store. Use my STAMPGIRLMARIA code for an additional 20% off!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful examples and three great ways of incorporating the sentiments. Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your Bold simple sentiments with your 3 fun designs, Maria. Awesome CAS designs when a quick card is needed. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards showcasing these bold and fabulous sentiment stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful ways to use big sentiment stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful projects and use of those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all fabulous!! And all show off the sentiments so well! I think the second is my favorite with that fun stamped frame.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)