Thursday, July 21, 2016

{Spotlight Project} Becca CAStencils


This week I've felt like getting a little bit artsy and having some messy play in my craft studio. I know when I hear the word messy I automatically think mixed media cards with LOTS of layers and textures. But I wanted to show that mixed media can have a softer, more clean and simple vibe, too!


And so, this little card was born. 


I was creating another project (that one IS lots of layers and textures - stayed tuned for tomorrow) and I had some dregs of the Distress Spray I was using left on my craft mat. 


Since I am an equal opportunity crafter who leaves no spray behind, I swooshed it up with a spare piece of paper. The Distress Spray colors I used are Peacock Feathers and Blueprint Sketch. I also think there's some Picket Fence Distress Paint mixed in there. 



After it was good and dry, I pulled out my Tribal Triangles ARTplorations stencil and took a white gel pen to create my own pattern on the paper. 


I filled in some of the triangles completely and gave other ones a good stripe job. (Please excuse the messy background table - real crafter at work!)


The frame from the Blossom Overture set seemed like it would be a perfect fit, so I embossed it and cut it out before adding a sentiment from the same set. 


I finished the whole design off with a touch of sparkle (naturally)! 

So here's the big question: Are you ready to try CAStenciling? I'd love to see what's on your craft table and if you find yourself inspired by my project, make sure to link up to the Spotlight Showcase where we give away all sorts of fun prizes! 

6 comments:

  1. Such an artsy project. Fabulous technique and looks like a lot of fun...Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Beca - and so relatively simple to create!! Thanks for sharing
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome background, Becca and love the monochromatic color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca, that is cool tip using stencil. I love your creativity stretching the stencils. Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm, interesting. Not sure I'll have time tonight but i certainly have some inky paprs that might benefit from the stencil treatment. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)