Monday, July 18, 2016

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Calendar Page Wall Art by Melissa


Hello! Super excited Melissa here with my first mixed media tutorial for STAMPlorations featuring ARTplorations stencils.

Here's my calendar page wall art:



Here are the steps I used to create this project:

1. I printed a photograph and calendar (doubly) and trimmed the calendar into a banner shape.
 
    2. I wetted some mixed media paper and applied red Gelatos through the Hearts in Bubbles stencil onto the paper. I also used the inked up stencil to print the negative version of the stencil onto my panel.
      IMG_8232editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8244editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8249editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8248editedstamplorations2

      3. While the hearts dried, I sponged blue dye ink onto the calendar through the Stars Align stencil.

      IMG_8252editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8253editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8255editedstamplorations2

      4. Then I sponged navy ink through the Crazy Chevron stencil onto the dry bg panel.

      IMG_8256editedstamplorations2

      5. Next, I sponged silver ink on using the Bubbles stencil.

      IMG_8260editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8258editedstamplorations2

      6. I added flowers by applying red and green ink through Happy Flowers and then sponged on royal blue dye ink stars with Stars Align.

      IMG_8262editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8270editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8264editedstamplorations2 

      7. Next, I stamped sentiments and butterflies in navy blue with Trendy Butterflies stamps.

      IMG_8273editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8276editedstamplorations2

      8. I masked off most of the photo & sponged the edge with navy blue dye ink.

      IMG_8282editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8284editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8289editedstamplorations2

      9. Applied white embossing paste through the Stars Align stencil.

      IMG_8291editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8294editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8293editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8297editedstamplorations2 


      IMG_8298editedstamplorations2

      10. I removed the mask from the photo and set the photo aside to dry.

      IMG_8301editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8303edited2

      IMG_8305editedstamplorations2

      12. I added more white embossing paste stars with Stars Align to the background panel.

      IMG_8306editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8307editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8309editedstamplorations2

      13. While that dried, I inked the edge of the calendar by dragging it along an dye ink pad.

      IMG_8311editedstamplorations2

      14. I framed the photo in red cs and added a piece of matboard for stability and dimension.

      IMG_8316editedstamplorations2

      IMG_8313editedstamplorations2

      15. I trimmed the bg panel and adhered it to matboard.

      IMG_8314editedstamplorations2

      16. I also stamped 3 large butterflies from Trendy Butterflies on tissue paper and fussy cut those. I used the back of the stamp, inked up in red, to stamp first and then the front of the stamp in navy to stamp over the red image.
      IMG_8333editedstamplorations2

      16. I adhered the tissue butterflies, the photo and the calendar to the bg panel.

      IMG_8481editedstamplorations2

      17. Finally, I framed the finished piece.






      I hope that you enjoyed my tutorial and look forward to reading your comments. 
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Grace & Peace, 
      Melissa



      ARTplorations Stencils used in this project:
      Hearts In Bubbles,
      Stars Align
      Chevron Crazy
      Bubbles
      Happy Flowers

      STAMPlorations Stamps:
      Trendy Butterflies

      8 comments:

      Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)